GLOW Emotional Health Services are Tailored for You.
Our range of health, wellness and specialist services are comprehensive, and tailored to your needs, as you prepare for pregnancy.
If you are well and seeking optimal emotional, physical and mental health, you will benefit from the following GLOW Care:
- GLOW Dietitian: nutrition advice and management
- GLOW Physiotherapist: strength, conditioning and core stability
- GLOW Yoga: strength, relaxation and mindfulness
If you are at risk, or experiencing current psychological distress or illness, your GLOW Psychologist will work with you. Psychological therapies will reduce your risk. You will also learn tools and strategies to better manage your distress.
If you have a past history or current significant psychological illness (such as depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder), your GLOW Psychiatrist will work with you. A thorough bio-psycho-social assessment will inform your way forward. Together, you will create your management plan which may include:
- psychotherapy (talking therapy)
- medication review and management, such as cessation, reduction or change of your medication in a safe and supervised manner
- addressing other illnesses, such as thyroid disorders.
If you are undergoing assisted reproduction, such as IVF, you may benefit from psychological support during what is often a very stressful time.
Your husband or partner is encouraged to attend to support you, and for their own support. All pre-pregnancy clinical services are available to husbands and partners.