Who should I refer to GLOW?
Consider referring your patients (including mothers, fathers, infants and children to grade 6 age) if they would benefit from GLOW Care and have :
- a past history of psychological distress or illness for early intervention and preventative care
- pregnancy loss
- birth trauma
- ante-natal and postnatal depression or anxiety
- bipolar disorder or psychosis in the perinatal period
- psychotropic medication advice (preconception; pregnancy or breastfeeding).
- difficulties adjusting to parenting; or managing parenting stress
- difficulties with bonding or in the parent-infant/child relationship
- an Infant/child with sleep settling, feeding, developmental and behaviour difficulties
- difficulties within the couple relationship
- women’s health physiotherapy needs
- dietetics and nutrition needs
How do I refer my patient to GLOW?
If you are a General Practitioner (GP), an Obstetrician, or qualified medical professional, a referral from you is all they need to access, and benefit from GLOW specialist services such as psychiatry, psychology, and paediatric services.
Access the GLOW Referral Form and complete along with a MHCP if psychology services are being requested
Please provide these documents to your patient and advise them to email a clear scanned copy of this referral to firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly reception team will be in touch to make an appointment.
Please also send a copy of the referral via Argus (or similar online referral systems) or via direct email. Please note we do not accept referrals via fax. You are welcome to call our reception team for assistance with the referral process on 03 9769 5606.
Please note our pediatricians are booking out 6 months in advance.
Your patients can contact GLOW directly to make an appointment without a written referral for GLOW wellness services including:
- early parenting and lactation consultant
- sleep and settling
- yoga and Pilates
Do you provide a crisis service? If not, whom can we contact?
No. GLOW provides a responsive service and we endeavour to book appointments for our patients as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, we are not resourced to provide a crisis service. If your patient is in need of urgent or crisis care and is unable to wait for an appointment please consider these crisis services:
Monash Health Psychiatric Triage Service
Phone: 1300 369 012
Peninsula Health Psychiatric Triage Service
Phone: 1300 792 977
Casey Hospital Monash Health Accident and Emergency
Phone: 03 9594 6666
Peninsula Health Accident and Emergency
Phone: 03 9783 8522
For immediate police or ambulance assistance, call 000.